Saturday, June 9, 2012

Networking 101 - again

I was going to post about how obsessed I became with The Cult last week, but I'm already on a new trip.  The new Liars album is amazing:


I started studying for BEC this week.  Not too bad.  I like that they have to specifically state that "text message language" should not be used in your written communication simulations.  I wasn't worried about the BEC written simulation until I tried one - 3 in 45 minutes is tough.

Flashcards, mnemonics,  memorization - all things I'm fine with.  Rejection, networking and confidence - ugh.  Getting better, but there were some tough lessons in those topics this week.  Now I'm mostly worried about why my Notice To Schedule hasn't shown up yet...I'd like to take BEC the beginning of July, and I'm afraid this is starting to cut it close.

Best thing learned this week is how at networking events - EVERYONE feels a little uncomfortable, and no one shows up at those events just to be mean.  I was able to walk up to strangers and confidently introduce myself (not at first) - which if you knew me 10 years ago, is a pretty amazing accomplishment.  And I wasn't laughed at, or dismissed - because again, who would go out of their way to show up to an event just to be a jerk?  It's a little tiring at first, but getting easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment