Thursday, June 21, 2012

Where are you NTS?

I'm moving right along with BEC - 4/6 through Becker's rather quick paced regiment.  I'm fine with governance, cost accounting, and IT.  I should be OK with capital management once I have the formulas memorized.

But UGH to budgeting.  Just ugh.  The formulas, and even some of the concepts just aren't clicking and it's been 2 weeks.  I think part of my issue is that the book emphasizes one method (formulas) and the lecture emphasizes a different method (tabular format).  And neither really make sense to me, so I'm half heartedly studying both and understanding neither.

And I'm almost a week behind schedule, but that's OK - I still don't have my Notice to Schedule.  Fun Fact - when they say 6 weeks for an initial application, they aren't kidding.  I assumed 6 weeks to be worst case scenario, not the standard.  I'll probably wind up driving out to Springfield to take BEC at this point, since I'll be scheduling last minute.

In other news - I am employed.  Staff accountant, tax department - 100% exactly what I wanted.

A few weeks ago I found myself re-obssessed with The Cult, specifically Love.  It's worth re-obssessing over:


Off to BEC 5 - Economics.

No comments:

Post a Comment