Sunday, July 15, 2012

Budget Variance Analysis can suck it.

Upward and onward.

My NTS got all messed up, by me.  I don't know why I assumed that NASBA would get my transcripts for me - that makes no sense.  Also, it shows I'm not really good at reading directions of things like applications - which is just perfect for planning a career in tax compliance.

Anyway - it's done and done.  I had my NTS within a week of having transcripts sent, and BEC is ON for this Thursday.

Did some cramming Friday and Saturday - and I tell you I'm a little worried.  My first Becker practice exam scored 79,75,75 per MCQ testlet, and I believe I rocked the written, actually.  It was partially the questions, and partially having extra time from flying through MCQ's.

Oh, budget variance analysis.  I was just about punching my computer screen when those questions came up, so today was spent making lasagna (in a crock pot, as if I would turn an oven on in this heat) and switching from Becker to Gleim for more practice questions.  And I finally got it.  This is the one area of BEC that Becker did a pretty lousy job - two pages in my Gleim book explained and summarized it better than Becker's lecture and book.

With some help from Flashcard Machine - I got it down cold.  Finally.  Just rocked all the Becker questions at 100%, the same ones that had me in tears earlier this weekend.

So I need to keep reviewing Monday and Tuesday, but I know how to do everything, working those mnemonics and ready to have BEC out of my life.

This Port St. Willow album is AMAZING.  Discovered via Pitchfork's app on Spotify, I can't stop listening to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment