Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hello World

I went back to graduate school full time, and I think it actually worked.

I had fully intended to blog the whole experience - from the rocky starts to all the drama, but have you ever gone to graduate school full time?  It's a lot of work that doesn't exactly leave a lot of time for web-logging one's activities.  I barely have time to set this up now.

I want to start out here by claiming my name mostly and hoping this shows up in Google searched by prospective employers.  I'm graduating spring 2012 with an MBA and an MSA from Suffolk University, 3.935 GPA.  I plan to start taking the CPA exam this summer.  I want to work in public accounting, preferably tax.  Ideally I want to work in a general business advisory/"CFO on demand" for small and closely held businesses here in Boston MA.

My biggest frustration with full time graduate school is having to set aside my passion for live music for twenty months or so.  I've been to a few shows, but time and money limitations have curtailed the hobby.  I'd love to catch Ben Lee February 22nd, but Graduate Financial Accounting III comes first.  I'll probably hit The Twilight Sad on February 26th - at least it's a Sunday night.

I hope to keep this web-log updated with tax news/insight that the average person might find interesting, small business advice and techniques I come across and indie rock news from Boston.  That's a unique mix, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment